Gamescom Asia is set to return to Singapore from October 19th to 22nd, 2023. As the Asian counterpart to Gamescom in Germany, this event promises to showcase gaming innovation, industry insights, and gameplay experiences. This article gives an overview of gamescom asia 2023’s lineup and schedule, providing an overview of which studios will attend and which games will be playable for the visitors, including major international AAA games and, of course, indie gems from the Southeast Asian region.
- Primetime Online Show (October 19th): Gamescom Asia 2023 starts with a Primetime online show.
- Trade and Media Access (October 19th – 20th): The initial two days are exclusively for trade professionals and media.
- Public Entertainment Zone (October 20th – 22nd): From the 20th to the 22nd, the event opens to the general public.
- Closing Spectacle: gamescom asia Studio Online Show (October 22nd): The event culminates with the gamescom asia Studio online show.
Key facts about gamescom asia
- More than 80 industry experts will be present.
- Over 130 exhibitors are confirmed.
- The exhibition space spans around 10,000 square meters.
Indie Wavemakers Debut
Gamestart’s Indie Wavemakers floor, sponsored by Xbox, is set to showcase a lineup of approximately 30 indie game developers, most of whom hail from the Southeast Asian region. Moreover, an exclusive Indie Wavemakers Award will be presented to celebrate and further recognize their contributions to the industry.
Gamescom Asia 2023 Lineup: Capcom’s Hands-On Highlights
Visitors to the Entertainment Zone will be able to play the following Capcom games:
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Exporimal: Season 2
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
- Street Fighter 6 (Introducing a new playable character: A.K.I)
- Resident Evil Village (mobile) and Resident Evil 4 VR
- Street Fighter: Duel (mobile)
- Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat (mobile)
Gamescom Asia 2023 Lineup: Epicsoft/4Divinity Hands-On Highlights
Singaporean publishers Epicsoft/4Divinity will offer hands-on experiences with these games, including a long-awaited sequel:
- Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl (GSC Gameworld)
- Endless Dungeon (Amplitude Studios, SEGA)
- Atomic Heart DLCs (Mundfish)
Gamescom Asia 2023 Lineup: International Game Studios and Publishers
In addition to Capcom and Epicsoft/4Divinity, there will be a diverse range of renowned game studios and publishers from around the world presenting their latest games in the Entertainment Zone. Here’s an overview of which studios to expect:
- Arc System Works
Gamescom Asia 2023 Lineup: Southeast Asian Game Studios and Publishers
The upcoming gamescom asia event in 2023 is set to feature an extensive showing of Southeast Asian representation. Attendees can expect to encounter a diverse array of games and gaming professionals from our favourite region of the world.
Entertainment Zone/Indie Wavemakers:
- Khayalan Arts (Indonesia)
- WizDream Games (Indonesia)
- Battlebrew Productions (Singapore)
- Cloud of Pinky (Singapore)
- Makewaves (Singapore)
- Ripples Asia (Singapore)
- Starstruck Games (Singapore)
- Rocketlion (Thailand)
- RunOut (Thailand)
- Squid Shock Studios (Thailand)
- AeonSparx Interactive (Malaysia)
- Tantanmen Games (Malaysia)
- Yangyang Mobile (Philippines)
- Algorocks (Indonesia)
- Clay Game Studio (Indonesia)
- Simpleton (Indonesia)
- Generex (Laos)
- Psychic City Games (Philippines)
- 248 Labs (Singapore)
Gamescom asia 2023 promises to be an event for casual players, industry professionals, and enthusiasts alike. With a diverse lineup of exhibitors and playable games, it’s an event not to miss. Mark your calendars for this gaming extravaganza in Singapore!